FOXPRO is one of the major producers of coyote callers. Shockwave is another great product with excellent sounds and calls. It makes predator calling easier, and this would help improve your coyote hunting.
There are different ways the shockwave would help influence your hunting positively. This article would help examine the pros, cons, features, and functionality.
The FOXPRO Shockwave
FOXPRO has set the bar, once again, with the SHOCKWAVE!
The FOXPRO Shockwave is a remote-controlled programmable predator electronic game call, with over 100 preset calls. It was made in the United States, first released in November 2012, and has sold more than 100,000 units so far.
FOXPRO’s SHOCKWAVE redefines what an electronic game call can do with several new FOXPRO innovations. The SHOCKWAVE is backed by a 5 year limited warranty and FOXPRO’s unmatched customer support and is proudly made in the USA. For more.
Design and features
There are different reasons why the FOXPRO shockwave would influence your hunt positively. Here is a list of the amazing features that make the FOXPRO distinct from other animal callers.
- FOXFUSION: This is the feature that makes it possible to mix two different sounds of your choice for a more realistic and effective sound.
- FOXDATA: You would be able to record your hunting expedition in real time. This would allow you predict the behavioral pattern and activities of your prey.
- FOXCAST: This is the hands-free feature that allows you call out your prey using sequence files.
- FOXMOTION: Fox motion allows you to mimic a moving prey, this makes the sound more realistic to the prey you want to draw in. If the sound is not realistic enough, it might not attract any animal. So, the FOX motion would fade the sound from one speaker to the other, this is not common in most electronic calls. It also has FOX fusion mix which allows you to mix 2 different sounds of your choosing, this would increase the chances of attracting your prey. Whether you are hunting for fun or sport, this is a great feature.
- FOXPITCH: The fox pitch would help you manipulate the pitch of the sound made from your FOXPRO shockwave. This would improve the chances of you getting a response because it would trigger the prey and get them in your kill zone while you are patiently waiting. The hands-free calling would also come in handy here using the sequence files.
- FOXBANG: This is an automatic setting that allows your shockwave map to a predetermined setting. It does this automatically after you discharge your firearm.
TX-1000 Remote Control
This remote is easy to use, and very effective. It has an LCD screen that displays properly. Other functions like the barometer, timers are also assessable. There are 4 buttons along the right and left side of the remote. This allows you to select your preferred sound, and it also grants quick access to the caller.
There is a loop at the bottom that helps ensure you do not lose your remote. The remote control is compatible with some other Foxpro electronic calls like; Super Snow Crow, Truck Pro regular, Fusion, Krakatoa II, CS24C.
The in-built speakers are great, but for those that are not okay with the connectivity, you can always use an external speaker jack which you would connect to your computer.
The FOXPRO shockwave proffers the option of programming your calls personally. The pre-installed 100 calls can be selected when you buy from the factory, and there is space for 900 more. If you need more sounds for your shockwave, you can download MFK calls, they are compatible with FOXPRO. You can also add other sounds, but they must be in the following format; FXP, 24B, WAV, or MP3.
You can use a decoy to lure in your prey. You can use the external auxiliary jack, to add a decoy. However, it must be a decoy approved by FOXPRO. You can buy either the FOXPRO FoxJack 3 or Foxjack 5. (The shockwave box does not contain a decoy.)
Speakers & Sound
The two speakers shows that the shockwave is an upgrade to other FOXPRO products. It has dual tweeters and dual horn speakers. They can be adjusted, and this makes it easier for your sound to go farther. You can also include two external speakers if you desire. Though the available speakers are loud enough to satisfy your needs.
The FOXPRO shockwave requires a total of 13 batteries. 10 for the caller, and 3 for the remote. This is regular for powerful callers, and the battery would last between 3-7 hours. What determines how long it would last are the volume, number of speakers, and temperature. You can either buy a FOXPRO rechargeable battery pack.
Five Year Warranty
It comes with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty, this should improve your confidence in the product quality because you can always return it if there is any defect. They also have great customer support to solidify your belief in this predator call.
- It is expensive: For those on a budget, the FOXPRO shockwave is quite expensive. However, there are other FOXPRO products that would serve you well for a lower price.
- Remote malfunctions: The remote controller of the shockwave might fail at intervals, but you can buy a backup lithium battery pack to help guard against this.
- The shockwave might also skip at some point, that is a product defect, a simple complaint to FOXPRO would get that sorted.
- The lithium battery pack would not give any warning when it is about to go out. So it is advisable to have an extra pack.
FOXPRO Shockwave Alternatives
The flaws present in the shockwave have been modified by other brands. There are other brands available that make high-grade electronic calls, with long-lasting battery life, easy to use remote, and are not as expensive as the FOXPRO shockwave. It just takes carrying out the right research. However, these products also do not have some of the great features that the shockwave possesses.
For lovers of FOXPRO products, you can also go for the FOXPRO X-Series. It is another excellent high-end electronic call from Foxpro. It has more amazing functions and features and is compatible with Bluetooth.
For those that are indifferent about FOXPRO products, you can also go for Lucky Duck Roughneck. It has a new LD3X remote with an industry leading LCD screen size, 10 levels of brightness, 100-yard range, and backlit buttons. It comes with 150 preloaded exclusive sounds created by Rick Paillet and has a capacity of 2,000.
If you are on a budget, and you want features similar to the FOXPRO shockwave, you should consider buying the ICOtec Outlaw Programmable Call. It is cheaper, but it offers most of the functionality that the FOXPRO shockwave does. It offers professional grade durability, sound quality, volume level, long range remote activation and features that make it a snap to operate during a hectic predator stand.
Final Verdict on Foxpro Shockwave
After carefully analyzing the features, cons, and functionality of Foxpro Shockwave, this article would go a long way on helping you select the right electronic call for your hunting expeditions. The major deterrent that this product has would be its price, but when comparing it with the functionality you would enjoy the FOXPRO shockwave it is a great electronic coyote call.